A Day in the Life with Metastatic Breast Cancer - Episode 14 Hello, hello and Happy New Year! I hope all you listening have had a splendid holiday season - I have! Not only have I enjoyed family and friends for both Christmas Eve, and the first night of Chanukah, but I also received from the gods of health an unexpected holiday gift. Last year at this time, I was busy jumping through hoops at the Cancer Institute getting a myriad of scans, blood tests, and doctor’s visits to determine whether it was time to surgically remove the original tumor in my right breast. Well, as I reported then, after all that sturm und drang, it was determined I should hang tight, and revisit the issue in a year. So! Here it is a year later and ANOTHER round of tests and visits was required. Just two weeks ago I had a breast MRI; ultrasound; 2 manual exams; two blood tests; a CT scan; and a full body scan. After all the results came in, I had a consult with both my oncologist, and surge...
Popular posts from this blog
Episode 11 - A Day in the Life with Metastatic Breast Cancer Hello again! Early March, already! My, time does motor on when you finally get past the free floating anxiety you’ve been needlessly embracing since early December. Huh. Who knew? Yeah, well. So! When last I posted, I’d found out I did NOT, in fact, have to endure a lumpectomy/mastectomy. And, me being me, was conflicted about it, and felt illogically blue about the whole thing. Well, I’m over that. No surgery! No disfigurement! No painful recovery! Yay! On to the next. What else should I worry about? Ah, what else, indeed. Well, I will tell you. As I have reported to you many times, one of the chief hallmarks of this stupid disease is uncertainty. You just never know when that Damocles sword you’ve got hanging over your pretty scrolled iron bed is gonna fall — in one way or ...
A Day in the Life With Metastatic Breast Cancer
A Day in the Life with Metastatic Breast Cancer Good morning, I’m Parker, and like Camille, Violetta, or Mimi - those tragic literary ladies hacking their way through life and love - I am here to sing my song. And perhaps, to offer some found wisdom and advice from my travels. Travails? Potato, potahhto. February of 2021, I was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. Yeah. Scary stuff. But, as I am well past the panic and hysteria that are the early hallmarks of this condition, I find I am focusing on a strong sense of generativity- a need to provide what I hope will be useful information on a day in the life with terminal breast cancer. Initially, I’d thought to simply write a blog, but after discussion with a good friend with the same diagnosis, I decided to get past my vanity, show my face, and record my voice, as well. She was right - no part of our lives has been unaffected, a...
Comments
Post a Comment